January 15, 2006

Rapid Fire Shorts

I've been really lucky to work with some great artists, which means that even though I cringe when I read these, my first published stories, I still get a warm glow from the pretty pictures.

These were published in the first two issues of Underfire Comics original anthology title Rapid Fire.



First was 'Conatus' which everyone hates (including the artist, who went mad from having to draw so many versions of Macca that he went AWOL and refused to ink it) but I still like. A dying colony of clones, desperate for new genetic material learn to love the alien.



'Hell is Round the Corner' was my first attempt at writing action. It's simply the Orpheus myth mixed with the Doom computer game and features excellent art from the lost lovechild of Cam Kennedy and Mike Mcmahon Mr Nick Dyer.



And last and least 'Pain is Profit' with Jamie Mitchell which stemmed from a drunken rant about why robots are rubbish. They either try to dismember you or go on and on about why they can't sneeze/understand humour. So I created one that did both.

baby steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home