January 15, 2006

Birds


This short appears in Underfire Comics Presents: Youth Gone Wild
It was a kind of jam session, artist Jon Ridley gave me some paramaters, I came up with a script, Jon drew something not entirely unlike what I'd written and then gave it back to me to put a story over.

I'm a really big fan of Jon's stuff and highly recommend that you pick up a copy of his autobiographical 24 hour comic 'The Knott Family' which deals with the horror of his boarding school experiences.

'Jonathan Livingstone Superstar'

Hey! May the Scientist Deity Host look upon me!
Please lead me on the path with your great love!
When I roam the life cycle driven by strong instincts,
May the Hero Scientists lead me on the path
Of the clear light of orgasmic wisdom
May their consort angel host back me on my way
Deliver me from the dangerous straights of the between
And carry me to perfect Buddhahood!

-The Tibetan Book of The Dead
trans. Robert Thurman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home